I'm back from vacation and about to head back into work - after 7 blissful weekdays + 2 weekends away from the office, this is hard - the weather is gorgeous, I'm well rested and feeling great, and I'd MUCH rather be heading out for a run.
But a couple of quick "wins" for the week:
1) I bought some long-overdue new runnng shoes and I think that they are much better suited to my feet. Haven't road-tested them yet, but even just wearing them around my house (sans orthodics!) my whole body feels better -- I'll be putting them to the test sometime today!
2) Braved the scale this morning (after aforementioned vacation) and was thrilled to see a "maintain." I'd like to continue my losing streak this week, so my goal is to just lose a pound by Friday. Doable? Doable.
3) I bought Strassburg sock at the running store on Friday - for those unfamiliar with THAT sexy little contraption, let's just say that it is a giant knee sock with some levers and pullies that is designed to stretch out the plantar fascii -- while I didn't sleep in it last night, I did wear it for a few hours and woke up pain-free. Score!
4) Healthy breakfast eaten, lunch packed, dinner prepped, and gym bag fully stocked and ready to go. Starting Monday off on the right foot!
5) Don't forget to check my Examiner.com page to read all about life in the cubicle!
Off and running,
PS: Check out my workout stats for the month -- not bad, huh?!